Black Friday 2020

Welcome to Product Dork’s 2020 Black Friday deal guide. We’ll keep this post updated with our favorite deals. Think there’s an awesome deal we’re missing? Leave a comment.

Traditionally Black Friday begins the day after Thanksgiving and runs until the following Monday. However, both the delay for Amazon Prime Day and the COVID-19 has changed the dynamic of Black Friday this year. We expect to see deals starting November 1 and have them continue through, what is traditionally, Cyber Monday.

While you’re waiting for deals to populate, I’d recommend taking a look at our post about Shopping Smarter on Black Friday. It’s as relevant today as ever.

How to Use This Thread

We’ve organized this topic into various sections. use the table of contents to the right (if you’re on desktop) to jump to that section. If it’s a deal on a previous product we’ve featured, We’ll also post a link to that. That way you can see any previous commentary about the product.

The Product Dork team will be updating this post with deals that we like. But what happens when you find an awesome deal?

Reply to this topic instead of creating a new one. We’ll be monitoring this thread and make sure that the good ones end up in the list.

Kitchen Deals

We expect to see many small appliances on sales for Black Friday. We’ll be on the lookout for some coffee deals. I expect that we’ll see OXO’s 9-cup coffee maker will probably go on sale. Also, it could be a great time to upgrade from a Kurieg to a Nespresso. Make sure to check out our guide to the best Nespresso machine .

As I mentioned in our Prime Day post—COVID-19 has caused many people to take up cooking as a serious hobby. There has been a huge amount of demand for kitchenware and appliances. It may be more difficult to find a that knife set or mixer you’ve been looking for.

• Kitchen Aid Professional 500 Series Mixer | Best Buy | $199 (Usually $499)
    An excellent 5-quart mixer available at a steep discount. Applies to all colors including red and matte blue

• Vitamix A2500 Ascent Series Blender | Amazon
    I was very close to purchasing the Vitimix A2500 this year. I think I am going to stick with my Breville Boss-to-Go for a little longer though. I think the A2500 model is the one to get because it includes presets and has more physical knobs than the more expensive A3000 series. Touch buttons are not ideal for something that vibrates as much as a blender.

Home Deals

The most common home item on sale will likely be vacuums. If you haven’t picked up a robot vacuum yet, they are a miracle. Sure we don’t have flying cars, but robot vacuums are one of those things that became a reality. iRobot and Eufy both make excellent robot vacuums.

• Whiskey Peaks Glasses | Huckberry | $52 (Usually $65)
    These clever whiskey glasses have the peaks of your favorite mountain ranges in the bottom. A cool accent. I’m partial to the Grand Tetons set.

• Whiskey Peaks Mountain Decanter | Huckberry | $52 (Usually $65)
    A decanter that goes perfectly with your Whiskey Peaks glasses. A nice touch. If you want both, they are also available as a set.

• Tulo Comfort Mattresses | Tulo | $340 (Usually $699)
    Tulo mattresses are probably the best value foam mattresses on the market—it’s what I’ve slept on the last two years and think it has been excellent. With this discount a Queen costs around $340, it’s an amazing deal.

• Airmega 200M | Walmart | $119 (Usually $190)
    I’m a long-time fan of Coway’s air purifiers. This one is perfect for your bedroom, living room or home office. If you think this could be a good fit, but don’t like the style there’s also the Mighty. For more details check out our Coway Airmega 200M vs Mighty Comparison.

• iRobot Roomba 960 | Best Buy
    One of the most-recommended robot vacuums. This is an exceptionally steep discount. Anyone in the market for a new robo-vacuum should seriously consider the Roomba 960.

• iRobot Roomba 670 | Walmart
    If the Roomba 960 is a bit more than you want to spend on a robot vacuum the iRobot 670 is just as capable and also has Wi-Fi connectivity—if that type of thing is important to you.

• Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer | Best Buy | $320 (Usually $400)
    if you’re in the market for a high end hair dryer, Best buy has a great deal on the Dyson Supersonic.

• Nespresso Essenza Mini with Aeroccino Milk Frother | Best Buy | $100 (Usually $200)
    If you’re in the market for a Nespresso machine the Essenza Mini is a great choice. We loved it when we reviewed it in February. It makes espresso fast and has a small footprint. We haven’t looked at the included Aeroccino frother that comes in this bundle, but this is an excellent price—even for just the machine.
    Related: Nespresso Essenza Mini Review

• Anglepoise Model 90 Desk Lamp | Huckberry | $113 (Usually $150)

• Jarvis Standing Desk | Fully | Starting at $425 (Usually $500)
    I’m a big fan of my Jarvis Standing Desk. It’s an incredibly durable desk that has received daily use now that I’m working from home. My only issue is the lackluster wire management out of the box. I’ve found a good solution, but it took a while to figure out.
    Related: Fully Jarvis Desk showing ASR error. How can I fix it?

Board Game Deals

Board games are one of those strange categories that has some great deals on Black Friday. Last year we found deals for both Ticket to Ride and Catan. If Catan looks interesting, check out our buying guide.

Electronic Deals

Historically, electronics have been some of the top discounted items on Prime Day. Last year we saw great discounts for low-to-mid range televisions, batteries, a few phones and, of course Amazon devices.

There was a significant discount on Samsung’s portable 1TB SSD hard drive and Anker’s PowerCore external battery. We saw good deals on Google’s Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL as well. However, I wouldn’t expect to see that for the Pixel 5 considering they are still taking pre-orders.

• Apple Macbook Air (Late 2020) | B&H Photo | $899 (Usually $999)
    Finally a deal on the elusive new Macbook Air. If you’re wondering what’s special about this Macbook, it’s among the first Macs to use Apples own M1 chip instead of Intel chips. Early benchmarks show that this chip outperforms equivelent chips, while being more energy efficient.

• VIZIO OLED 55 Television | Best Buy | $900 (Usually $1,300)
    VIZIO makes excellent quality televisions. This OLED tv is, perhaps, the best deal you’ll find on any OLED TV. If you’ve been looking for one, this is your opportunity.
    Related: Free Vizio Remote Control Upgrade for Smartcast TVs

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | Amazon
    If you’re looking to provide a smart-tv experience to an older TV, getting a Roku is an excellent option. Amazon has a great price on the Roku Streaming Stick+ right now.

• VAVA USB-C Hub | Amazon
    The useful and stylish VAVA USB-C hub is the ideal adapter for your Macbook. The 9-in-1 hub features an Ethernet port, a charging port, a HDMI port, An SD card reader, a TF card reader, and USB 3.0 Ports. Make sure to clip the coupon for additional savings.
    Related: Where's Logitech's USB-C Unifying Receiver?

Headphone and Audio Deals

If you’re in the market for a new set of earbuds or headphones, Black Friday is a great time to consider making a purchase. Last year we didn’t list a ton of items here, but the ones we found were excellent.

We found a great price on the Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds. My guess is that we’ll certainly see a deal on the newer Elite 75t earbuds, which I love .

• Jabra Elite Active 75t True Wireless Earbuds | Best Buy | $140 (Usually $180)
    A good deal on my favorite pair of wireless earbuds. I use these all the time and still recommend them to other Android users. They are comfortable and do an excellent job staying in my ears—even when running. If you want to know a little more, make sure to read our Jabra Elite Active 75t review .

• Klipsch The One II Bluetooth Speaker | Walmart | $148 (Usually $198)
    This top-rated bluetooth speaker is small and produces great sound. It has a great retro look that would look great on any shelf.

Outdoor and EDC Deals

This is an interesting year for outdoor gear. COVID-19 has made camping and backpacking equipment in short supply. If you’ve been waiting for REI gear, you’ll have to wait. They’ve closed their doors for Black Friday the last several years. Nonetheless, we’ll be posting whatever deals we find.

Video Game Deals

Black Friday tends to be more favorable for video game deals. However, given the time of year we expect to see a few good sales. If you’re in the market for a Nintendo Switch, know that they have been sold out ever since people began to stay home because of the Coronavirus started in March. If you can find one for MSRP, that’s a pretty solid deal.

• Nintendo Switch Bundle with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | Walmart
    The Switch bundled with Mario Kart could be the best deal we see on the Nintendo Switch this Black Friday. Mario Kart is certainly a game everyone will want for their switch and they are in very short supply.

Travel and Suitcase Deals

It’s a strange time to be looking for travel accessories, but that may make it one of the best times to purchase a new suitcase or battery pack. We’ll see if that theory holds. On the other hand, supply lines have been strained and people will still travel somewhat for the holidays—even if that means they won’t be flying.

Subscription Deals

Often overlooked, Black Friday can be a great time to renew or start new subscriptions. Some will give you discounts up front, while others will give you money off every month.

• Quip Starter Bundles | Up to 40% off
    Quip is currently having a big sale on their starter bundles. While I can’t vouch for their floss, I’m a huge fan of their toothbrushes. I love that they are easy to clean and don’t come with any sort of dock.
    Related: Quip Toothbrush Review: An Upgrade for Manual Brushers

• Hello Fresh Meal Kit | $90 off
    Of all the meal kits we’ve tested, Hello Fresh has consistently been the best option. It has the widest variety of meals, the best quality recipies and I’ve only had one issue with shipping—an item missing—and Hello Fresh refunded me the entire box. That was 3 free meals.

• Kiwi Crate Craft Subscription |$10 with Code MERRY (Usually $20)
    Kiwi Crates are little boxes full of crafts and are perfect for kids. These are ideal for kids 5-to-8 and tend to have a theme—science, technology, engineering, art or mathematics.

Men’s Clothing Deals

There will certainly be some great deals on clothing this Black Friday. The question is what will be in stock? Because a significant number of people are working from home these days, sweats are in high demand while more formal clothing has been sitting on shelves.

Banana Republic | 50% off

J.Crew | 50% off with code FRIDAY

Uniqlo | Black Friday Deals

Huckberry | Up to 50% off Select Black Friday Deals

lululemon | Black Friday Event

Nordstrom | Extra 25% off select clearance items

Past Black Friday Threads

This topic will be updated with more information as the event draws closer. If you’re interested, check out our Black Friday threads from 2019 and 2018.

2 Likes

If you notice that this deal or promo code has expired, please add the #expired tag to alert other members of the community. If you discover a better discount elsewhere, please leave a comment. We’ll update the topic.

Any thoughts on whether we’ll see Apple deals? I know the apple event has passed, but I’ve got my eyes on the new MacBook Air with the M1 chip.

The Walmart Switch deal is already sold out. Any idea when we can expect it to return?

Can we expect it to return?

Not sure that the new M1 Macs will be on sale. According to Apple’s event page, they are offering $150 gift card with Macbook Pros and iMacs.

https://www.apple.com/shop/gifts/shopping-event

Maybe Best Buy or another retailer will be offering a discount?

Going to add this to the post, but it looks like B&H has $100 off the new Macbook Air with an M1 chip.