Where's Logitech's USB-C Unifying Receiver?

I’m an engineer by trade and spend most of my day at my desk. IT finally upgraded me to the latest MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, the New MBPs don’t have normal USB ports. To compensate for this they gave me a bunch of dongles.

But I don’t want to deal with dongles. It looks ridiculous to connect the tiny unifying receiver to the computer via a 3-inch cord. I just want to figure out when and where I can buy a USB-C Unifying Receiver from Logitech.

1 Like

Welcome to Product Dork @aharris!

I am kind of in the same boat. I’ve considered upgrading my MBP, but the thought of getting trapped in dongle hell and the touchbar have pushed me away.

From what I can tell there isn’t a definitive release date on a USB-C Unifying Receiver. All I can find are people bitching on Logitech’s community forums about it.

From those comments it looks like the current strategy is using a small dongle like this one to go from USB to USB-C.

I think it’s this dongle from Amazon. FWIW the Fakespot gives it a B, which is pretty good. CamelCamelCamel says prices fluctuate between $8 and $15.

Logitech-USB-C-Unifying-Receiver-Method

Also, I’m going to change this topic category from Questions to General Discussion since I don’t think there is going to be a definitive answer here.

1 Like

TBH, if you’ve got a HDMI cord along with normal USB cords that you need to connect to your MacBook Pro, you’re going to be better off with a USB-C hub. With the above method you’re going to need an HDMI dongle as well.

Why not just plug the monitors and the Logitech receiver into something like this? That’s what I have and it works fine. It’s even an attractive looking dongle.

3 Likes

I think you’re right, in this scenario the USB-C hub makes more sense than the individual dongle.

Never thought about an all-in one dongle. Solid idea.

1 Like

Hi, does anyone here have experience with the Elebase USB-C to USB adapter? It looks a lot smaller than the nonda one. Size is an important factor here.

That’s the wrong sex. To use a Logitech USB A Mouse receiver you need a Male USB C to Female USB A adapter.

Ah, you’re right @Glenn_Connery. Good spot!

This Elebase one won’t work with the Logitech dongle. I should have caught that earlier.

Going to remove the link so people don’t purchase the wrong adapter.

A post was split to a new topic: Does Logitech’s new MX Master 3 has a usb-c receiver?

So my work computer got upgraded yesterday and I’ve found myself in this exact same situation. I asked our IT team for a USB-C hub that had HDMI, USB (for my unifying receiver) and a USB-C charging port. They gave me this Apple adapter. It seems to be working perfectly thus far.

It is a little pricey though. If you don’t want to spend $70 on a hub, the one mentioned by Dan is about half the price and has a lot more ports.

I have the same Apple adapter, but it seems to have stopped working. It worked great for a couple months and now I lose connection with mouse if I move the adapter ever so slightly.

I’m testing out some USB C hubs from Anker (I love their products, especially for the $) but I’m getting some lag on my mouse/keyboard combo. On my now dying MBP I got the same issue when I used the USB port behind the HDMI port, but when I used the USB on the other side, no issues. Anyone else ever experience ‘interference’ like this between HDMI and Unifying Receiver in nearby USB slots?

I recently bought these for my new Dell 5530 workstation. I use one with the logitech receiver and the other with my D3100 dock that’s hooked to two additional monitors. I haven’t experienced any performance issues with anything.

2 Likes

I can’t believe that both community topics in Logitech forums have been deleted!
Tried those, both dead:

Even searching on their community base yields not results!
That’s it for me, I ain’t buying Logitech ever again!

2 posts were split to a new topic: What’s the difference between Logitech’s MX Master 3 vs MX Master 3 for Mac?

The issue with using a USB-C hub to attach the receiver is when we are on the go.

The unify receiver is best on a port opposite and away from the usb c as you might pair or use a mouse away from the monitor or even pair a portable mouse against the single receiver. A single receiver to “unify” all the devices was the intent was it not? Leaving it attached to the hub that is hooked up to the monitor, you’d lose the receiver once you unplug from the hub/monitor.

For my old laptops, the unify receiver was always connected thus it didn’t matter if I was docked or in at a Starbucks, the mouse I had on hand would be paired and no dongles required.

At this rate I might as well pair the mouse by bluetooth or some other tech because the unify receiver is just a burden.

Seems either Logitech doesn’t want to invest R&D into making a USB-C unifying device or USB-C housing is too small to house the electronics and antenna.

Either way. Very frustrating to have to use a dongle adapter.