Away Aluminum Carry-on in Steel

With several upcoming trips this year, I’m in the market for a carry-on bag. I have been considering carry-on luggage from Away. The aluminum versions are pricey, but I think they are absolutely gorgeous. And with Away’s Lifetime warranty, I might have to reconsider.

While doing research I stumbled upon this Aluminum Carry-on in Steel. It’s a limited edition color, but I absolutely love the look and figured it would be worth posting.

You can also follow this link. It should automatically add an Away promo code and we’ll both get $20 off our next order. The discount should be visible once you’re on the checkout page.

3 Likes

tbh the steel version feels bland and uninteresting for how expensive it is. It’s better than the rose gold one though. I find it gaudy. Then again rose gold just isn’t my style.

If you’re going to spend $400 or more on luggage, the aluminum one is timeless.

I’m just a person on the internet though. I’m sure both limited edition models will sell like crazy.

If anyone wants a quick review of Away—I purchased a white carry-on about two years ago. This was before they started manufacturing the aluminum ones.

Honestly, I love it. It’s exactly what I need and the “bigger” carry-on has come onboard every flight I’ve been on. No problems with security or boarding the plane. It’s also big enough were I don’t have to check a bag when traveling.

I’ve found the charger to be convenient. There’s not a lot of fiddling when you need power. Admittedly, you could probably get a more powerful battery if you just carried it separately.

The only downside is that when the luggage has get checked plane-side, it has come back with a lot of scuffs. If I was in the market for another bag, I’d probably get a color other than white.

1 Like