Beckett Simonon Morgen Classic GAT

Thought I’d do a quick post on this fantastic pair of shoes I received from Beckett Simonon. The Morgen Classic is Beckett Simonon’s take on the German Army Trainer—and it is quite attractive.

This is the first pair of shoes I’ve purchased from Beckett Simonon. Since nearly everything they sell is made in small batches, there’s always a bit of a waiting period. I think I waited about 3 months for the Morgen, but it was absolutely worth it.

When the shoe arrived it came in a black box with simple lettering. Within the box were two shoe bags, a pair of inserts and an extra set of white laces. There was also a small note with an additional gift code on it.

The shoe is a leather and suede combination. The sole is made of vulcanized rubber. The shoe has a lot of stitches and the craftsmanship seems solid.

The fit was initially a little snug. I’ve got a wide foot and usually wear an 11.5 or an 11 wide. I ordered an 11 here and with a bit of walking, the shoe seems to be fine.

I’m not sure if I’m in the market for another shoe purchase, but I’d absolutely buy from Beckett Simonon again.

These are pretty dope. Does the suede scuff easily?

That’s always a concern I have when purchasing shoes like this.