Best way to manage wires for a standing desk?

Not too long ago I purchased a Jarvis standing desk. Other than some issues with shipping, the desk has been great. Well, it was great until about a week ago when I noticed that the adhesive strips for the wires began coming off.

I’m curious what is the best way to handle this? I could probably reorder these same adhesive pads, but I don’t want to deal with this every few months.

Any ideas are appreciated.

That’s a bummer. Those sticky things are what shipped with the desk?

The IKEA tables have netting under the desk that keep all the wires together. There’s also room for an additional power stick.

Yeah, I used to have an IKEA BEKANT and the net is a really good solution. I wish the Jarvis came with something like that.

The real bummer is that it isn’t external cords that are the problem—I have a cord holder that works fine. It’s the cables that power the sit-stand desk causing issues.

What about tape?

I don’t have a standing desk, but I do have a gaming PC. A combination of the following should solve almost any cable management situation:

If the mounting tape isn’t an elegant enough solution, you could also drill brackets into your desk. Thats more work than I’d want to do to hide a few cables.

2 Likes

Oh, interesting. I never thought about mounting tape. It’s pretty cheap and looks like it might be a good solution.

Anything I should know before using it? Am I ever going to be able to get it off of the desk?

Well, I haven’t had to try yet…

1 Like

Fair enough. I’m sold!

Maybe the mounting tape didn’t solve my problems. It appears to come loose after a couple of months. I’m going to re-tape it for now, but think I’m still looking for a wire management solution.

Just an update here. I reached out to Fully to see if they had any ideas on creative solutions to these wire issues. They were nice, but no leads on solid solutions.

Hey Sam!

I’m sorry you’ve been struggling with wire management solutions.
As the desk reacts to the environment around it (heat and cold) sometimes the stickers lose their power. In my experience, attaching them onto the frame rather than the desk itself, allows for better attachment.

As for alternatives for wire management, I believe there are some fairly crafty solutions on the web. I find that our desks are usually compatible with these accessories.

Please feel free to send over some solutions you find and I’ll let you know if it’ll be compatible with the desk!

Will keep looking for solutions.

OK, I am hoping this is the last update I need to make about my wire management issues. I removed Fully’s Wire Tamer and replaced it with one that fits a power stick.

I used these Velcro straps between the control box and far leg to handle the desk’s power cables. This works because the legs and frame can adjust to different widths room for straps to fit around the middle.

Although it isn’t pretty the IKEA Signum can accommodate a power stick or two. I also like that cables can be weaved in and out of the loops to help keep them in place.