First Impression: theory11 Citizens Playing Cards

Today I’m showing off the new theory11 Citizens Card Deck that arrived recently.

My girlfriend and I have been playing more card games recently. We have a couple of decks in the house. There’s a deck from my time at Red Square Gaming, that was designed by my friend Jordan Kabalka—I love it.

I also own the MINIM deck from Areaware. The deck is supposed to be minimal, but it is such a departure from existing card designs, it’s difficult to tell one suit from the other. This lead me to look for another deck.

The Citizens case is spectacular. The design is intricate and the is stamped with a gold and bronze reflective paint.

The face cards and most of the other cards resemble a traditional deck, which is exactly what I wanted. The Ace of Spades is an exception.

The backs of the cards are black and gold, but not have a reflective material.

Perhaps my favorite design is on the back of the case. Lines radiate outward from a spade with an eye in the middle. It is surrounded by latin text Aut inveniam viam aut faciam, which translates to I shall either find a way or make one.

All-in-all, I think the Citizens Card Deck is idea for those that want an attractive deck, but also want to play cards.

2 Likes