Nespresso Vertuo vs Original: What's Your Favorite Nespresso Machine?

I’ve heard that before. A tech journalist I follow actually wrote a bit about that. The Wirecutter leaves little room for nuance. The product is simply the best or second best.

https://onezero.medium.com/the-problem-with-relying-on-wirecutter-reviews-f024574fc7c2

As it relates to Nespresso machines, I’m not sure how many different options there will be. There’s probably a “best for people with limited counter space” and a “best for people that want a variety of drinks.”

As for my general reviews, I do try and keep a few things in mind:

• Design and complexity are important. I’m a designer, so this is incredibly important to me. I dislike gadgets because they tend to add complexity without providing much value. Not everything should be connected to the internet.

• Keep long term notes when possible. See the comments on my smart scale going back to 2015. You get to see what 5 years of ownership actually looks like. Of course, this won’t be possible with the Nespresso Machines as I’ll be selling them once I’m done with the review.

• The featured item isn’t always recommended. For example I own Away’s Aluminum Carry-on. It’s great for me, but for the price the original hard shell is certainly better.

Sorry for the rant.