How can I overcome my seasonal pollen allergies?

The pollen here is back with a vengeance. Would love any ideas on what I can do to survive.

1 Like

Ugh. It kills me too.

Generic disclaimer: I am not a doctor. This is not medical advice. Yada yada. This is what I do:

• Zyrtec in the evenings
  • Flonase for really bad days
  • Keep doors and windows closed and crank up the air purifier
  • Change clothes after I’m outside for a long period of time

Insurance sometimes covers allergy shots. It may be worth getting tested and talking to your doctor about getting shots. It takes several doses, but the shots can protect you for a few years.

If you are looking for air purifiers, you’ll a ton of opinions here. Generally, if you’ve got a large studio or open concept an Airmega 300 or 400 would be ideal. I own the Airmega 300, and it has been fantastic.

Most people have several smaller rooms. In that case pick up the Airmega 200m—a couple smaller air purifiers will work better than a single large one.

I’d avoid the hype around Molekule though. It’s expensive filtration technology and the verdict on effectiveness is still out.

1 Like

If you have a deck or outdoor patio, I’d make sure you either cover or get a crate to store cushions in when not using. It’s a giant pain to get all that yellow dust off of them once they are attached to the cushions.

As everyone else said antihistamines and air purifiers are godsends!

2 Likes

As a follow-up here—I was taking Zyrtec and it wasn’t working as well as I had hoped. I started taking Zyrtec-D and I feel significantly better. It has an added decongestant, but seems to help my allergies overall.