Amazon Prime Day 2019

Welcome to the Product Dork Guide for Amazon Prime Day 2019! This topic will be the place to discuss sales any sales related to Prime Day.

Prime day lasts two days this year and runs from July 15 to July 16. If you’re curious how this works, check out last year’s Black Friday 2018 topic.

I’ll be updating this post with some of the deals that I like. If it’s a deal on a previous product we’ve featured, I’ll also post a link to that. That way it’s easy to go through commentary for that product.

If you discover any great deals, I’d encourage you to reply to this topic instead of creating a new one. I’ll update this post with them.

Gift Cards

Electronics

Storage

Headphones & Audio

Household

Kitchen

Computer Accessories

Board Games

Video Games

• Nintendo Switch Bundle Perhaps an anti-Prime Day deal. Walmart is offering a free Switch game and accessory along with the console.

Personal Care

5 Likes

I went through some of the sale items this morning. There doesn’t seem like a lot of great deals this year. I suppose it’s early though. That or the same things go on sale and I already own them.

I share the sentiment. Doesn’t seem like there’s much that interests me. I think it’s probably the same brands and products running their normal sales again. I’ve had my eye on a steak knife set, but the price hasn’t budged.

Looks like the PlayStation Classic is on sale. Might make an interesting gift for any nostalgic gamers.

PlayStation Classic comes with 20 pre-loaded games including, Final Fantasy Vll, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms

2 Likes

Great find! I’ll add it with a few additional ones I’ve found.

You’re missing the one thing everyone should buy, Amazon Gift Cards. It’s free money, if you use Amazon.

Here’s how it works:

1. Go to this Amazon link
  2. Click the Apply code to your account button
  3. Add a gift card of at least $25 to your shopping cart
  4. Profit! Within 2 days a $5 credit will be added to your account
5 Likes

Also, the Nest Thermostat is down to $189. That’s about as low as I’ve seen it go.

1 Like

According to CamelCamelCamel that’s about as low as the Nest Thermostat goes.

The model is a few years old and Google closed the Nest Store. I wonder if a new product—or at least a Google Home rebrand is right around the corner?

Edit: Looks like additional colors are available with the same discount on the Google Store.

I’m still waiting to see if there’s a better Nintendo Switch deal. It doesn’t appear that there’s going to be one.

The Walmart bundle is OK, but I don’t want the red and blue Joycons. I also don’t really care about the grip or battery accessories.

I picked up a few more Phillips Hue lightbulbs! Seems like a solid deal. Also, got $10 off my order for shopping at Whole Foods.

1 Like

You guys missed the big prime day deal. A bunch of thousand dollar lenses and cameras for $94.48.

3 Likes

One photographer PetaPixel spoke to saw the Slickdeals post and ordered two Sony a6000 kits for $94.48 each before he saw that the same price applied to other cameras. So he then purchased a $2,000 Sony a6500 and 10-18mm bundle for $94.48, and then a $2,000 Sony a7 body for $94.48, and then a $5,500 Sony a9 and 24-70mm f/2.8 GM bundle for $94.48.

I can’t believe I missed this. I’ve been eying one of the new Sony Mirrorless cameras for a while. I even looked to see if there was an a7R III on sale.

Must have logged in at the wrong time.

Whoa, I’m kind of embarrassed those camera deals didn’t make the update. I spent a ton of time looking for deals. Guess I should have spent more time on Slickdeals.