Amazon Prime Day 2020

Amazon Prime Day 2020 is running from October 13 to 14. We're currently updating this page with our favorite deals. See a great deal we're missing? Let us know in the comments.

Amazon Prime Day is an annual shopping event that is only available to Amazon Prime subscribers. Historically, Prime Day occurs in mid-July. However, it has been delayed to mid-October this year.

Amazon Deals

What’s on sale right now? As we discover great items on sale, we’ll start posting them here.

Kitchen Deals

Expect to see several of kitchen wares and small appliances on sale for Prime Day. As The Wirecutter notes, the beloved Instant Pot has been on sale every-single Prime Day and has always been a top seller. It’s not my cup of tea, but many people love them. Last year some of our favorite deals included Lodge cast iron skillets and Vitimix Blenders.

If you’re in the market for a coffee maker, I’m certain we’ll see some deals here. OXO’s 9-cup coffee maker will probably go on sale. Also, it could be a great time to upgrade from a Kurieg to a Nespresso. Make sure to check out our guide to the best Nespresso machine.

The caveat this year is that with COVID-19, many people have taken up cooking as a serious hobby. There has been a huge amount of demand for kitchenware and appliances. It may be more difficult to find a that knife set or mixer you’ve been looking for.

• Rubbermaid Brilliance Food Storage Set (24-piece)
    The best price we’ve seen in a while on the 24-piece set. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like the larger containers for flour and sugar have been discounted.

• Instant Pot Duo Nova Pressure Cooker
    We knew that there would be an instant pot sale. If you haven’t tried it yet, now is your chance.

• Vitimix 5200 Blender
    The Vitimix 5200 is on sale and is about as low a price as we’ve seen. The Wirecutter calls the blender “one of the most reliable and durable options we’ve seen.”

Home Deals

The most common home item on sale will likely be vacuums. If you haven’t picked up a robot vacuum yet, they are a miracle. Sure we don’t have flying cars, but robot vacuums are one of those things that became a reality. iRobot and Eufy both make excellent robot vacuums.

• iRobot Roomba i6+
    An exceptional deal on Roomba’s most advanced vacuum cleaner. This is the model that has a dock that empties the vacuum automatically.

• Eufy RoboVac 35C (Target)
    An excellent deal on the Eufy RoboVac 35C. I haven’t tried this model, but absolutely love my RoboVac 11S. Eufy is absolutely a brand you can trust to create a quality Vaccuum.

• iProven No Touch Thermometer
    This won’t ship for a week or two since thermometers are in limited supply. This is a good pick for kids or those who don’t want to stick a thermometer in their mouth.

Board Game Deals

Board games are one of those strange categories that has some great deals on Prime Day. Last year we found deals for both Ticket to Ride and Catan. If Catan looks interesting, check out our buying guide and explanation of what Catan expansions can be played together.

• Fox in the Forest Card Game
    A fun 2-player card game I stumbled upon while trying to find some good games to take camping. Games take about 30 minutes to play and are meant for those 10 or older.

• Ticket to Ride: Europe
    This is a variant of the original Ticket to Ride, but with a few more advanced options and—obviously—it
    takes place in Europe as opposed to the United States. One of the lowest prices we’ve seen for this game.

Electronic Deals

Historically, electronics have been some of the top discounted items on Prime Day. Last year we saw great discounts for low-to-mid range televisions, batteries, a few phones and, of course Amazon devices.

There was a significant discount on Samsung’s portable 1TB SSD hard drive and Anker’s PowerCore external battery. We saw good deals on Google’s Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL as well. However, I wouldn’t expect to see that for the Pixel 5 considering they are still taking pre-orders.

Headphone and Audio Deals

If you’re in the market for a new set of earbuds or headphones, Prime Day is a great time to consider making a purchase. Last year we didn’t list a ton of items here, but the ones we found were excellent.

We found a great price on the Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds. My guess is that we’ll certainly see a deal on the newer Elite 75t earbuds, which I love.

Video Game Deals

Black Friday tends to be more favorable for video game deals. However, given the time of year we expect to see a few good sales. If you’re in the market for a Nintendo Switch, know that they have been sold out ever since people began to stay home because of the Coronavirus started in March. If you can find one for MSRP, that’s a pretty solid deal.

• Nintendo Switch: Animal Crossing Edition
    It isn’t on sale, but it is available—that has to count for something. I’m not a fan of the animal crossing branding, but the colors are nice. If the aesthetics don’t bug you, here’s your chance to grab a Switch.

• Nintendo Switch: Gray Refurbished (GameStop)
    If you’re not a fan of the colorful Switch controllers, GameStop has a great deal on a refurbished console. Note: This is the newer V2 console.

Get credits to use on Prime Day

This year you can earn free credits to use on Prime Day by making purchases at Whole Foods, Amazon Go stores or making a purchase from select small businesses.

Bonus cash back for Amazon Prime card holders

If you have either an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card and Amazon Prime Store Card, you can get up to 25% cash back on your Prime Day purchases. See Amazon for details.

Alternatives to Prime Day

While Prime Day is certainly an Amazon event other retailers will certainly have sales of their own. We know Best Buy, Walmart and Target will be running their own competitive sale events.

Past Prime Day deals

This topic will be updated with more information as the event draws closer. If you’re interested, check out some of the last Prime Day and Black Friday threads.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on what’s worth buying today or tomorrow vs what might be better on Black Friday?

1 Like

If there’s something you have your eye on, I’m not sure you’ll see much of a difference between now and Black Friday. I think we’ll see more video game consoles and games on Black Friday.

Also, recently released items are much more likely to be on sale. For example, you won’t find a Pixel 5 discount here, but I’d expect one a month from now.

This Vitimix blender is sale. please add. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008H4SLV6

1 Like

tbh, I was pretty disappointed with this year’s prime day. Most of the same stuff goes on sale. At this point anyone who’s paid full price for an amazon device or an instant pot is a fool.

I added a bunch of stuff to my cart, but not one went on sale. Hopefully black friday sales will be better.

Why aren’t there prices on any of these deals?

It’s true that the same items do seem to go on sale again and again. Maybe it was a little weaker this year since Black Friday is only a few weeks away.

FWIW, I had some board games I was hoping would get a discount, but didn’t.

Hi TomatoTomato,

The reason we don’t post prices is because that is against Amazon’s TOS and we’d like to respect that. Affiliate commissions we earn from Amazon and other retailers help pay the bills.

I know The Verge and The Wirecutter do it in their reviews, but those are big publications and probably have special arrangements.